Best Cable Modem – How To Choose The Best Cable Modem
If you have access to the internet, then chances are that you may be on a cable internet service which happens to be the fastest and most stable way of going online. These days, what every internet user expects to get is the fastest possible internet service for which they compare various cable internet service providers and choose the best one offering better speeds. However, despite being promised a very good internet speed, their browsing experience is often contrary to their expectations. This is where you start realizing the importance of selecting the best cable modem because this device is going to determine the actual speed of your internet connection. This is where a number of people go wrong, because they lack the knowledge required to identify what one to go for.
A cable modem is a type of network bridge and modem that provides bi-directional data communication via radio frequency channels on a hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) and RFoG infrastructure. Cable modems are primarily used to deliver broadband Internet access in the form of cable Internet, taking advantage of the high bandwidth of a HFC and RFoG network. They are commonly deployed in Australia, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Wikipedia – Cable Modem
Top 4 Cable Modems
From the many different brands and models of cable modems available in the market that we managed to review, the following models emerged as top 4 which are what we would recommend.
You will find that all four of our recommended cable modem brands are from Motorola simply because they provide the best value for money cable modems well exceeding in quality and performance compared to their competing brands. When it comes to networking devices, you will appreciate the fact that it is important to know who their manufacturer is so that you can only go for the one who happens to be on par with the latest available technology.
You can also find best cable modem review here.
Why Only The Best Cable Modem?
Regardless of what products you purchase, you will find that it would be important for you to go for the best one possible so that you could be satisfied with your purchase. However, you will appreciate the fact that what may be best for one person may not exactly be the same for another. It would depend upon individual preferences coupled with their budgets.
For example, you will find that the best cable modem for some people may be those that are available for the cheapest prices whereas to others, it would be those that would deliver the most reliable results.
Whatever your case, you will find that by going for the best model of a cable modem, you will be able to derive the following benefits:
- You will enjoy the best internet access speeds which is what you will always appreciate because people hate waiting for ages to load their webpages or stream videos online despite being subscribed to excellent internet packages.
- You will be satisfied with your purchase knowing that you went for a good value device eradicating the need to have to look for a replacement device anytime soon.
- You will be able to sell it off if you no longer have a need for it and still get a good price for it given that branded devices will always carry a good demand.
How To Find The Best Cable Modem
There are a few different factors that you will have to put into consideration when determining what cable modem would be the best one to go for so that you can then be in a better position to decide. It would depend both upon your requirements as well as upon your budget which is why some people may not be able to go for the best one available due to budget restrictions. This is why it makes sense to have a few different options available to help you with your selections.
1. Features And Specifications:
When choosing the best cable modem for your needs, you will have to consider their features and specifications as discussed below:
- Standards Compliance – this is all about the technology used by various ISPs to communicate data to your devices. The latest technology that these service providers employ to provide you with lightning fast internet speeds is that of Docsis 3.0. You must therefore check with your cable internet service provider to find out what technology they use so that you could select a device accordingly.
- Internet Protocol Version – every device on the internet has to have an identification which used to be represented by IP addresses with IP4 protocol. However, due to the ever increasing numbers of devices being connected to the internet, a new internet protocol version has been introduced which many internet service providers are migrating to, this is known as the IPV6. When choosing a device, make sure it is compatible with the new protocol.
- Ease Of Use – a cable modem should have LEDs that should help you to diagnose and monitor connectivity. You should therefore ensure that your device would carry LEDs which is what would help you troubleshoot any issues with the modem and avoid devices that lack this feature.
- Device Support: it would be helpful for you to go for a device from an established manufacturer that would provide you with warranty on their cable modems. This is important if you want to enjoy a peace of mind that your device would last you long enough delivering excellent results every time.
2. Reviews And Ratings:
It is important that you read reviews on various cable modem models from both the industry experts as well as from other users to get a better idea on what model is recommended to deliver the best results. You will find most cable modems carrying ratings which you should consider when choosing the best one.
The price of a cable modem would also be a determining factor for you to consider. Some people may prefer to go for the best cable modem in the market regardless of its price tag whereas others may prefer to go for the one that may be priced just right to fall within their budget.
We have listed the top 4 devices that offer you the best results possible in the form of reliable internet connectivity and faster speeds, you can select one from any of these in accordance with your own preferences because the best cable modem for you would be the one that would offer you a good value for your money.